New Student User- Use Code HELLO

Register Now

Assam signed MoU with World Bank

Published on November 10, 2021
Current Context: The government of Assam has signed an MoU with the World Bank to promote river transportation in the state.
Assam signed MoU with World Bank
  • In this regard, the MoU was signed between the state’s Inland Water Transport (IWT) and World Bank.
  • A loan of Rs 770 crore was sanctioned for the same.
  • As per the agreement, the central government will return 80% loan amount and the state government will return the rest of the 20% loan amount.
  • The state chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the MoU while flagging off four steel catamaran vessels at Pandu Port.
  • The catamaran vessels are launched under a World Bank-funded project, to have the integration of high-quality passenger and vehicle ferry services into the transport network system of the state.
  • Out of the 4 vessels, 2 will ply over the river Brahmaputra at Majuli and one each in between Guwahati-North Guwahati and Uzanbazar -Umananda ferry ghats.
  • They have the capacity to carry 100 passengers and 50 two-wheelers. They are powered with 180 HP twin engines and other advanced equipment like monitoring, communication, navigation, GPS, wind measurement, lifesaving, and firefighting.


Q.1 With which organization has Assam signed MoU for the loan of Rs 770 crore to promote river transportation in the state?
a. Asian Development Bank
c. World Bank
d. New Development Bank
ebook store

About us

ramandeep singh

Ramandeep Singh is a seasoned educator and banking exam expert at BankExamsToday. With a passion for simplifying complex concepts, he has been instrumental in helping numerous aspirants achieve their banking career goals. His expertise and dedication make him a trusted guide in the journey to banking success.

  • Follow me:
Close Menu
Close Menu