New Student User- Use Code HELLO

Register Now

Current Affairs One-Liner: 14th July 2022

Published on July 14, 2022
  • Banking and Finance
    • Kotak Mahindra Bank becomes one of the first private banks to be fully integrated with the new Income Tax department portal, which allows customers – both individual and corporate – can pay direct taxes through the e-pay tax slab on the portal through net banking or a visit to a branch.
    • The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed a fresh FIR against fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi for allegedly cheating a Canara Bank-led consortium to the tune of Rs 55.27 crore.
    • RBL Bank partners with Indian Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) to offer mortgage guarantee backed home loans to its salaried and non-salaried customers.
      • The collaboration will allow RBL Bank to mitigate credit risks with IMGCs expertise.
    • Packed consumer maker Dabur buys the entire stake in Bangladesh-based Asian Consumer Care for about 51 cr.
      • Dabur held 76% of the stake in the firm before the acquisition of the remaining 24% held by Advanced Chemical Industries through Dabur international.
Current Affairs One-Liner: 14th July 2022
  • Sports
    • BCCI President Sourav Ganguly was felicitated by the British parliament. The former India cricketer was felicitated on the same date when he led India to Natwest final win in 2002.
    • In Shooting, the duo of Mehuli Ghosh and Shahu Tushar Mane bagged India’s second gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team final at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup stage at Changwon in South Korea.
  • Acquisition
    • Infosys to acquire Denmark-based BASE life science for Rs.875 cr. This acquisition will augment Infosys's deep life science expertise.
  • National News
    • Google and NASSCOM partners to empower women entrepreneurs with digital skillsets. To empower women's entrepreneurship NASSCOM foundation with support from google announced the launch of two call centers called “DigiVani “call centers.
      • These call centers will help in empowering rural women with digital, financial, and entrepreneurship skills.
    • The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) accused the makers of the widely-known Dolo-650 medicine tablet of indulging in "unethical practices" and distributing freebies of Rs 1,000 cr to doctors and medical professionals.
    • Singer Daler Mehendi was sentenced to two years in jail in connection with a human trafficking case dating back to 2003.
  • Global Gender Gap Report 2022
  • India’s first 3D-printed rocket engine factory in Chennai
  • Meghalaya to launch Police Infrastructure Innovation Fund
  • Rajkiran Rai to be the first MD of NaBFID
  • Sony Pictures bags broadcasting rights for World Athletics Championships

Question:

Q.1 With which bank has Indian Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) partnered to offer mortgage guarantee-backed home loans to its salaried and non-salaried customers?
a. RBL Bank
b. HDFC Bank
c. ICICI Bank
d. SBI Bank
ebook store

About us

ramandeep singh

Ramandeep Singh, your guide to banking and insurance exams. With 14 years of experience and 5000+ selections, Ramandeep understands the path to success, having transitioned himself from Dena Bank and SBI. He's passionate about helping you achieve your banking and insurance dreams.

  • Follow me:
Close Menu
Close Menu