New Student Offer - Use Code HELLO

Register Now

1st Meeting of Governing Body of ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’

Published on September 07, 2021
Current Context: The first meeting of the ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’ governing body was held under the chairmanship of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
1st Meeting of Governing Body of ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’
  • The members approved to undertake public welfare projects worth Rs. 1,000 crores jointly with non-resident Gujaratis by December 2022.
  • These projects will be undertaken by Gujarat’s ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’.
  • The public welfare projects will be jointly undertaken by non-resident Gujaratis donors and the Gujarat State Government on a 60:40 ratio by December 2022.
  • Under the Yojana, the various projects like smart classes in schools, community hall, primary health center, Anganwadi, library, CCTV surveillance system, water recycling, drainage, sewage treatment, beautification of ponds, bus-stand, solar energy powered streetlights, etc will be implemented and the donors can contribute to these projects.
  • Under the yojana, NRIs can contribute 60% of the cost of a village-level project, while the remaining 40% will be managed by the state government.
  • The project management unit will be set up for the efficient execution of the yojana and arrangements will be made for the payment of the scheme through a separate bank account. The portal will also be developed so that donors will be able to make payments in an online manner.
  • Static Part: 
    • CM of Gujarat: Vijay Rupani
    • Governor of Gujarat: Acharya Devvrat

Question: 

Q.1 Which state government held the first meeting of the ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’ governing body?
a. Maharashtra
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. Punjab
d. Gujarat
ebook store

About us

ramandeep singh

Ramandeep Singh, your guide to banking and insurance exams. With 14 years of experience and 5000+ selections, Ramandeep understands the path to success, having transitioned himself from Dena Bank and SBI. He's passionate about helping you achieve your banking and insurance dreams.

  • Follow me:
Close Menu
Close Menu