Maha Shivratri Offer- Use Code SHIVRATRI24

Register Now

Current Affairs One-Liner: 29th October 2022

Published on October 29, 2022
  • National News:
    • The Government of India approved the setting up of the Terai Elephant Reserve (TER) at Dudhwa-Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh. The total area of the TER will be 3,049 sq km and it will be the 33rd elephant reserve in India.
    • A 369-foot-tall statue of Lord Shiva called “Viswas Swaroopam” was built in Nathdwara, Rajsamand in Rajasthan. The statue has been built by Tat Padam Sansthan and is said to be the highest Shiva statue in the world.
    • In an Rs. 587.52 crore deal, Dabur India acquired 51% shareholding of Badshah Masala Pvt Ltd. The remaining 49% of the equity will be acquired by Dabur India after 5 years.
    • The Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, inaugurated the 3rd campus of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) campus in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
  • International News:
    • According to the “Emissions Gap Report 2022: The Closing Window” released by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), India’s per capita Green House Gas (GHG) emission (2.4 ton CO2 equivalent) was far below the world average (6.3 ton CO2 equivalent) in 2020. The USA topped the GHG emission list with a 14-ton CO2 equivalent.
    • Lebanon and Israel signed a sea border deal that was mediated by the USA and delivered to the United Nations in the coastal border town of Naqoura in Southern Lebanon.
Current Affairs One-Liner: 29th October 2022
  • Important Days:
    • Every year October 29 is celebrated as International Internet Day (IID) across the world. The day marks the usage of the internet for the first time. The Association of Internet Users promotes the IID.
    • Every year October 29 is observed as World Psoriasis Day (WPD) across the world. It is an initiative of the International Federation of Psoriatic Disease Associations (IFPA). The theme of WPD 2022 is, “Unloading Psoriatic Disease”.
  • Appointments:
    • The Government of India appointed spiritual leader Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma) as the Chairperson of the nation’s Civil 20 (C20). C20 is an official engagement group of G20 that brings together Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
  • Military Exercises:
    • The 29th edition of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) will be held in Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh from October 26 to October 30 2022 in two phases: the Harbour Phase and the Sea Phase.
    • The 7th edition of Garuda, the bilateral exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force (FASF) will be held at Air Force Station, Jodhpur from October 26 to November 12 2022.
  • Awards and Recognitions:
    • SS Rajmouli’s period drama RRR won the award for “Best International Film” at the Saturn Awards 2022, held in Los Angeles.
  • Books and Authors:
    • The Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri authored a book titled “DELHI UNIVERSITY: Celebrating 100 Glorious Years”. Rupa Publications India is the publisher of the book.
  • Sports:
    • 4th Asia Cup Bridge Championship 2022: The Indian team of Hemant Jalan, Badal Das, Kamal Mukherjee, Subrata Saha, Pranab Bardhan, and Sukamal Das won the gold in the 4th Asia Cup Bridge Championship held in Jakarta, Indonesia, after defeating Japan by 119-50.
  • IRDAI Sets Up Consultative Committee
  • NAREDCO Sets Up NFC
  • Indian Bank Launched Initiatives Under “Project WAVE”
  • India’s First Indigenous Overhauser Magnetometer
  • Shiprocket Joins ONDC Network

Question:

Q.1 The Terai Elephant Reserve will be set up in?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Bihar
c. Nepal
d. West Bengal

Can I help you?

ramandeep singh

Hey I am Ramandeep Singh. I am determined to help students preparing for RBI, SEBI, NABARD and IBPS exams. Do you want me to help you ?

Join my class here
    Follow me:
Close Menu
Close Menu